Saturday, August 6, 2016

Book Blogger Hop August 5th - August 11th: The Piaggo P.166 Is a Twin Engine Push-Prop Aircraft

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: If you recommend a book to someone, do you also send that person your review?

When I am recommending a book in person, unless they ask if I have reviewed it, I usually do not. I figure that if I know a person well enough to be recommending a book to them, I can do a better job explaining why they should read the book by tailoring my pitch to what I know about their specific preferences rather than by referring them to a review aimed at a more general audience. On the other hand, if I am recommending a book in a blog post, I always provide a link to the applicable review.

Previous Book Blogger Hop: Claudius Ptolemy Died in 165 A.D.
Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: Martina Navratilova Has 167 Tennis Titles

Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. I like what you said about tailoring it to them personally. That is key in personal recommendations! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Heather Fineisen: Personalized recommendations are so much more effective, and so much more likely to be well-received.

      Delete