Saturday, June 4, 2016

Book Blogger Hop June 3rd - June 9th: Gaius Marius, Reformer of the Roman Army, Was Born in 157 B.C.

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Do you reply to every comment on your posts?

I will conditionally answer this question with a yes. I moderate all comments, mostly because I have had a number of obnoxious individuals show up and try to pollute the comments with asinine bullshit. For rather obvious reasons, I don't reply to comments that I don't allow through moderation.

For comments that I approve for publication, I try to make sure I respond. I figure that if someone takes the effort to make a coherent and intelligent comment on one of my blog posts, I should do them the courtesy of responding.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

4 comments:

  1. When I kept asking you how you thought of the Babylon 5 DVDs, you responded to me with a slight tone of anger that "they are just fine". I sincerely apologize for offending or irritating you in any way, shape or form, and I'll do my best to moderate my comments for you, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Matthew70371: Your comments concerning Babylon 5 weren't out of line - if they had been, I never would have allowed them through the moderation filter. The mild irritation came from the "kept asking" portion. I answered your question and you just seemed to rephrase it and ask it again, as if you were looking for a particular answer and trying to lead me to say it. That kind of Socratic question and answer methodology is something I really haven't had time for since I got out of law school.

      Delete
  2. I haven't had any bad comments yet. Knock on wood......... I do answer all comments.
    Sportochick’s Musings Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Teri Lloyd: The good comments I get here far outnumber the bad ones. Any comment I allow through comment moderation is a comment that I will respond to, so I make the effort to do so.

      Delete