Saturday, February 14, 2015

Book Blogger Hop February 13th - February 19th: The McCarthy 91 Function Is a Recursive Function

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Is there anything that makes you keep returning to certain blogs?

Good writing and good content. Content is what keeps me coming back to blogs. The first thing that catches my interest in a blog is when the blogger has something to say on a topic. I find a blog to be much more interesting when the author has a point of view and expresses it. When I read book reviews, I want them to tell me what the author thought about the material. When the author writes about the book publishing world, or book awards, or any other topic and expresses their views on it, that makes me take interest.

But the author has to actually be able to express their ideas intelligently and clearly. All too often I see blogs in which the author holds a particularly strong position on some issue or another, but when one reads their posts on the topic it becomes painfully clear that their logical abilities or their writing skills (or both) just aren't up to the task of expressing their idea, resulting in a confused, incoherent, and sometimes incomprehensible blog post. Those blogs don't hold my interest for very long.

Good writing. Intelligent commentary. A strong viewpoint. A blog that has those three things is a blog I'll read as often as I can.

Previous Book Blogger Hop: Gaius Valerius Flaccus Died in 90 A.D.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment