Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Clarke Award Nominees

Location: Sci-Fi London at the Apollo Piccadilly Circus in London, United Kingdom.

Comments: As I get to the more recent Clarke Award years, one would think that I would be more familiar with the authors and works that have been nominated. After all, these are books that have been published in the very recent past by authors who are often my contemporaries. And yet, in most cases I haven't read anything by the authors who are nominated for the recent awards, or if I have it has been short fiction that I haven't mentally connected to the author in question. The landscape of recent science fiction is so vast, that even someone like me, who reads books at a rate of more than a hundred per year, simply can't keep up with all of it.

Winner
Nova Swing by M. John Harrison

Shortlist
End of the World Blues by Jon Courtenay Grimwood
Gradisil by Adam Roberts
Hav by Jan Morris
Oh Pure and Radiant Heart by Lydia Millet
Streaking by Brian Stableford

What Are the Arthur C. Clarke Awards?

Go to previous year's nominees: 2006
Go to subsequent year's nominees: 2008

Book Award Reviews     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment